During my most recent travels, I had a 36 hour stopover in Singapore: Two nights and the day in between.
What a perfect opportunity to explore what I could of this wonderful city.
Where I stayed: 7 Wonders Capsule Hostel
How I got around: MRT – Singapore’s underground system is amazing. Don’t bother getting taxis or renting a car as you can get everywhere on the MRT cheaply and quickly. I was very impressed with how clean and efficient the MRT system was.
What I did:
- Gardens By The Bay – A must do in Singapore. Explore the Gardens by day, and see if you can do the cloud forest walk, something I didn’t get the opportunity to do due to the weather, but then come back at night to see the place all lit up.
- Marina Bay Sands SkyPark – Expensive, but if you appreciate a good view, get on up there. You’ll be able to take in the whole city from every angle.
- Chinatown – Why not take a visit to Chinatown? Markets, food, culture: it’s all there.
- Marina Bay Sands Mall – Find the DC Comic Cafe! Good place to chill out if you need to rest your feet for a moment.
- Orchard Road – A famed shopping district, mainly for high-end brands. Not the kind of shopping I’m into but some people might love to spend some time trawling the shops here.
- Ate – From street stalls near Chinatown to restaurants in CBD, there’s so much to offer in the culinary sense here in Singapore. If you’re vego like me, ask as many questions as you can about the dish you’re ordering, or you may have your “vegetables and rice” dish come out as vegetables and rice… with melted cheese dripped all over it as someone else did. *Cough* Me *cough*