So here’s something you may or may not already know: I’m headed to the UK and Ireland!
Well, by the time you read this I’ll already be there, but never mind that.
I thought I’d give you a peek into what and how I’m packing for this three-week trip, which will be a road trip of sorts (to give you some context)
This time, unlike usual, I’m checking a bag – my carry-on sized suitcase, no less, but still checking it.
This is because I know I’m going to be going out to nice places and want to dress up a little.
So I’ll be taking my small suitcase (to check in. It’s a Flylite Splice Int 21 Case, for anyone wondering), plus a small duffle-type bag and a small backpack (my general-use day bag).
In those I will be taking….
- 3 pairs of jeans (I live in jeans, even at home in Australia)
- 3 t-shirts
- 3 tank tops
- 2 longer sleeved tops
- 2 dresses
- A nicer top
- A black skirt
- Also (I forgot in the photos and video) 2 scarves
Which all pack up like this (minus my “plane outfit”):
- 8 pairs of underwear
- 3 bras
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- A bikini
- A pair of tights for colder nights/comfy travel etc
Which pack up like this (minus my “plane underwear” and tights – will probably change into them on the plane):
- A cadigan
- A hoodie
- A coat
- Heels – I know right?? I haven’t packed a pair of heels in so long, but this trip I know I’ll need/want them
- Sneakers – still undecided about which pair to take. Might take my converse instead of this particular pair.
Here is what I’ll wear/take on the plane, btw:
(Boots – heaviest pair of shoes – jeans, a tank top, hoodie, underwear – obviously – and my tights)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Rosehip oil
- Spot treatment
- Toothpaste, dental floss and tooth mousse
- Nail file, nail scissors, tweezers, extra hairbands
- Cotton tips
- BB Cream (I use this instead of foundation)
- Blush, bronzer, highlighter
- Eyebrow pencil
- Small eyeshadow palette
- Lip colours
- Hairbrush (Which I forgot to show!)
And for the plane:
- Hand sanitiser
- Eye drops
- Vicks nasal inhaler
- A heavy moisturiser
Which all pack up like this:
- Medications and first aid
- A pack of cards – Best. Travel. Item. Ever.
- 2 fold out tote bags
- Bag logs
- Purse for night time activities
Tech and “plane essentials”:
- DSLR camera
- Gorilla Pod
- Chargers for tech
- Worldwide Travel Adapter (Which I completely forgot to show in the photos and video!)
- Extra camera batteries and SD cards
- Notebook and pen
- Passport and document folder
- Reading material (I have books loaded on my iPad, but I’m addicted to the Game of Thrones series at the moment and can’t leave it behind)
- Eye mask
- Lip Balm
Above is what will be in my duffle bag, and below is what will be in my backpack on the plane.
And voila! That’s it.
Hope this helped you sort out what you may want to take on your next trip, or at least soothed your nosy curiosity for a while (I’m one of the people who LOVE these kinds of lists/posts/videos – I think it’s the organisational freak that’s inside me).
Until next time x